Cruise Forum - CruiseDiscuss.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carnival in Rio

2 posters

Go down

Carnival in Rio Empty Carnival in Rio

Post by Cassie34 Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi,

We are considering to book our next cruise while we are onboard. We think for a cruise from Miami to Rio or Buenos Aires during the Carnival next year. We need some experience because we are in doubt. What do you think is is worth to book a cruise or to go there on vacation?

Cassie34

Back to top Go down

Carnival in Rio Empty Re: Carnival in Rio

Post by achird Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Carnival in Rio is a place where every traveler have to be. Fist let me start with the fact that there are carnivals in every town in Brasil. So if you chose to cruise there at that time you will have a chance to be on amazing places. I don't know if you have been in South america before but this is a place with unique culture. Every country and even every city can give you experience you never had before.
First let me start with the fact that Rio de Janeiro is one of the most dangerous cities in the world, so highly recommend you to be there as a part of organized tour, don't risk you health with going there alone. I think that cruise ships can give you all this security.
When you book a cruise be sure that the ship is staying in Rio for at least 48 hours. The carnival event starts at 10pm and finish in the morning, so you need to be there during the night. Carnival events there are in every block but the main event is in the main stadium called Sambodromo. This is the place you need to be. Carnival events are for few nights - confirm that you will be there when you have to be.
Believe me this is unforgettable. Also you can walk on Ipanema and Copa Cabana. There are a lot of events there. YOu can use the subway go reach those streets. I am sure that nobody will organise you a tour to Ipanema or Copa during the Carnival.
And the last thing - during the Carnival it is a big chaos in Rio. Don't expect any organization in the style you a re used to. Brazilians has their own style of organization Smile
Go there, you will not sorry and book a cruise that is the best way to reach those places and to see South America!
achird
achird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LEO81 Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am

To be on the Carnival in Rio is one of my dreams!
LEO81
LEO81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down