Cruise Forum - CruiseDiscuss.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of roaming charges

3 posters

Go down

Beware of roaming charges Empty Beware of roaming charges

Post by Vayo Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Being that this is our very first cruise ever... I called Verizon, our cell phone carrier, to double check about extra fees. The wonderful verizon employee informed me to be very careful while on the ship... he said that Royal Carribean has their own cell phone towers and that if I use my phone at all on the ship, it will be charged the fees that are set up by the cruise ship. He advised us to turn our phones off of the automatic roaming feature and keep the phone off during the sailing...he mentioned that if it even rings and goes to voice mail on the ship we will be charged and also for text messages. We will just turn them on and check our messages in the ports in Alaska (which are obviously covered in our nationwide plan) . I am so grateful that he has possibly helped save me quite a bit of un expected fees. Whew! I just wanted to make sure that you all are aware of this...
Vayo
Vayo

Back to top Go down

Beware of roaming charges Empty Re: Beware of roaming charges

Post by Admin Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Hello Vayo,

The tip is good - yes cell charges on the ship's network can be really high - the best thing would be to ensure you are using the port carriers, even roaming isn't that expensive.

Let us know if we can help more!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://cruisediscuss.com

Back to top Go down

Post by missVeteran Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:26 pm

My advise is to be sure that your data roaming is off. If you forget it then you risk to have a big bill. Every check of you e-mail of Facebook status which your phone is doing in background brings extra charges.
missVeteran
missVeteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down