Cruise Forum - CruiseDiscuss.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

compensation due to problems?

3 posters

Go down

compensation due to problems? Empty compensation due to problems?

Post by Murriel Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:54 pm

I need advice from experienced cruisers. We cruised in a balcony cabin, seventh level. On Monday, we got very wet carpet due to a leak in the wall. We spent the next three days with our sofa on its side with a large blower running to dry the carpet. The crew handled it as well as they could, and we did too. I am composing a letter to ask for some type of refund or a credit. Should I ask for something specific, or see what happens? I have a letter of apology from the purser that I am sending along with my letter. Thanks for any advice! By the way, we did not let it spoil our fun at all. We had a great time, and will cruise again.

Murriel

Back to top Go down

compensation due to problems? Empty Re: compensation due to problems?

Post by achird Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:38 am

In such cases you should insist for compensation while you are on board. The fact that you stay in the cabin means that you agreed with the situation. If you had any symptoms after that you can state this in the letter. Definitely you will get a compensation but the most important is that you enjoyed your cruise.
achird
achird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

Hello Murriel,

Archird is right - you are entitled for a compensation, however, if you are not actively seeking it, you will lose it.

Keep on insisting and you will end up with a shipboard credit for a future cruise.

Let us know if we can help more.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://cruisediscuss.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hook Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Good luck with that! They will do anything to give up on the compensation. The best thing is to ask for it on board.
Captain Hook
Captain Hook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum